In this day and age, it’s no secret that having an app is a must for brands looking to take their growth to the next level. Not only does it allow customers to interact with a company on a more personal level, it can also help boost sales and create a more loyal customer base.
But many brands don’t realize that creating an app doesn’t have to be expensive or time-consuming. Thanks to no code mobile app builders, anyone can create a professional-grade app without any coding experience. These tools allow you to create and customize your app without learning to write code.
1. Increased Efficiency – With no code app builders, brands can create and deploy apps much more quickly than traditional coding methods. This means that brands can get their apps up and running in no time without having to hire a development agency.
2. Increased Flexibility – No-code app builders also give brands increased flexibility and control over their apps. This means brands can change and update their apps as needed without waiting for approval from a developer. This is particularly important for brands with short product life cycles (fashion & apparel, consumer goods etc.), where consumers expect their brand experiences to reflect live trends.
3. Reduced Costs – Finally, no-code app builders are often much more affordable than getting an app built with the help of a development agency. Custom app development costs could start anywhere from $30k and can go up to $500k depending on the complexity of the requirements. Brands can build similar applications on a no-code platform for less than $10k for a year!
That said, there are a few things you should keep in mind when choosing a no-code app builder for your brands. It’s essential to consider both the technical and qualitative factors based on your requirements. In this post, we’ll cover everything you need to know about no-code app builders, including how to choose the right one for your needs.
The user interface (UI) is the first thing you’ll notice about a no-code app builder. These platforms typically have a drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy to add new features and customize existing ones. However, it’s important to keep in mind that the UI is only as good as the underlying code. If you’re not careful, you can easily end up with an app that looks amateurish or is challenging to use.
Choosing an app builder whose UI design philosophy aligns with your own is important. Do you want something simple and straightforward or something more complex and difficult to navigate? Choose depending on your answers.
Personalisation is key to a great user experience. It can make your app feel tailored to the individual, and increase engagement and loyalty. When looking for a no-code app builder, it’s important to consider the personalization factors that are available. For example, if you want to show different content or product ranges to users from different geographies, you’ll need a platform that supports localization. If you want to support multiple languages or currencies, you’ll need a platform with robust internationalization capabilities.
The level of personalization that a no-code app builder offers can be a deciding factor in which platform you choose. Make sure to research the different builders and test out their personalization features before making a decision.
No-code app builders typically come with a wide range of configuration settings and tools. This allows you to tailor the app to your specific needs and preferences. However, it’s important to note that not all of these settings and tools are created equal. Some are more intuitive and user-friendly than others, so it’s essential to take the time to explore all of the options before making a final decision.
One of the biggest selling points of no-code app builders is that they come with a wide selection of customizable ready-made templates. This allows you to quickly create an app that looks professional and polished without having to start from scratch. However, it’s important to keep in mind that not all templates are made in a similar fashion. Some are better designed than others.
In addition, not all app builders allow for the same degree of modification after a template has been chosen. It’s important to experiment with multiple platforms and make modifications within the template to see if the tool can deliver an app that is “your brand specific” before settling on a single option.
When it comes to no-code app builders, functionality and integrations are two of the most important factors to consider. After all, you’ll want an app that can integrate easily with your existing tech setup and support both Android and iOS devices.
So, how do you go about checking for functionalities and integrations? Well, the first step is to thoroughly explore the platform’s feature set. This means reading through the documentation, watching the tutorials, and testing out the demo apps. Once you have a good understanding of the platform’s capabilities, you can then start checking for integrations.
To do this, you’ll need to look at the various connectors that the platform offers. For example, does it have a connector for your accounting software? Does it integrate with social media platforms? Can it connect to other devices or applications? It’s important to make sure that the platform has the connectors you need to get your app up and running.
When it comes to deciding which no-code app builder to go with, app performance is key. Good app performance is essential for a great user experience. It can make the difference between an app that people love and use regularly, and one that people quickly delete or forget about.
You need to focus on two main areas when it comes to app performance: speed and reliability. How fast does the app open and how smoothly does it run? If it’s slow and glitchy, users will quickly lose patience and uninstall the app. Reliability is also key. Apps need to be stable and not crash regularly.
When comparing different no-code app builders, be sure to test out how each one performs in terms of speed and reliability. Some builders may have a slight edge over others in terms of performance. If you’re looking for an app that’s going to be used by a lot of people, it’s worth spending a bit more time finding the right builder that will create an app that’s fast, reliable, and looks good on any device.
Most no-code app builders offer a training program or customer support service. This allows you to get started with developing your app quickly and easily. This is important because you’ll want to ensure you understand how to use the platform before launch. Make sure that the training program is comprehensive and that customer support is readily available should you need it.
No code app builders come with some form of technical support. It’s essential to consider technical support’s availability and timely responsiveness when choosing a no-code mobile app developer. If things go wrong at some point, you’ll want to make sure that there’s someone available to help you troubleshoot should problems arise.
If you have an eCommerce website on Shopify, then it’s ideal if your selected no-code platform has an inbuilt integration for Shopify. This saves a lot of hassle later down the line. Check to see if they have experience with Shopify. Check out their portfolio to see examples of apps they’ve created for Shopify users. This will give you an idea of their level of expertise with this platform.
In addition to technical factors, there are also a few qualitative factors you should take into account when choosing a no-code mobile app developer:
1) Timing and budget: One of the most critical considerations is timing and budget. How soon do you need the app up and running? And how much are you willing to spend? Make sure that you have a clear understanding of your timeline and budget before beginning your search.
2) Look for features that are most important to you: When choosing a no-code app builder, it’s important to look for one that offers the most important features. For example, if you’re looking to create an eCommerce app, you’ll want to make sure the no-code app builder you choose offers eCommerce-specific features like product catalogs, shopping carts, and payment processing. Additionally, if you have specific needs like GPS tracking or push notifications, make sure the no-code app builder also offers those features.
3) App management after launch: It’s important to check for app management after launch during your selection process for a no-code app builder. Updates can be scheduled for certain campaigns and generally speaking, are easy to make. However, the ease of which these updates can be made does vary from builder to builder.
Some builders have an in-app dashboard that allows you to make changes yourself, without having to contact customer support or go through a lengthy process. Other builders require you to contact customer support in order to make changes, which can add time and frustration to the update process.
When looking for a no-code app builder, it’s important to ask about the ease of updates and whether customer support is required. This will help ensure that your app is always up-to-date and running smoothly.
4) Assessing the quality of apps built by the vendor: It’s not just about whether they *can* build an app, but about whether they *should* build an app for *your* brand. To get an idea about this, ask them for links or screenshots from apps they have built in a similar domain as yours. Once you have some samples in hand, take some time to assess the overall quality of the apps.
Pay attention to things like user experience, design, and functionality. By taking the time to evaluate the quality of apps built by the vendor, you can be sure you’re choosing a platform that will help you create high-quality apps.
Once you’ve analyzed all these factors, learning how to use them is crucial. Most builders have tutorials and support forums that can help you get started. Be sure to experiment with different features and templates to see what works best for you. Here are a few tips for working when you find the right partner.
1) Ease of Use: Start with the easiest, least intimidating platform when you are just launching. You will be special to them and will get all the attention you need.
2) Free Plan: Choose a free plan for the testing phase. This will allow you to try out the features and functionality of the platform before committing to a paid plan.
3) Case Studies: Read their case studies to see how other brands have used the platform to build their apps. This will give you an idea of what is possible with the platform and whether it is a good fit for your brand.
4) Make use of existing templates: Most platforms offer a variety of templates you can use as a starting point for your app. These templates provide a basic structure for your app and can be customized to fit your needs.
5) Free Consultation: Leverage free consultation calls before going paid. This will give you an opportunity to speak with someone from the company and get all your questions answered before making a decision.
6) Understand the platform’s limits: It is important to set realistic expectations about what you can achieve with a no-code mobile app builder. This will help set the right expectations and avoid any surprises down the road.
Finally, be aware that no code mobile app builders come with a learning curve, so don’t expect to be able to create a perfect mobile app on your first try. With a bit of practice, however, you should be able to develop an app that meets your needs and looks great too!